Releasing the Past

on Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Relinquishing What No Longer Serves You

What would life look like lived from unlimited potential?

To begin with, life would be a reflection of the present, not an extension of the past. Moving from there it is the expression of our Soul’s wisdom in moment to moment consciousness. But where do we begin to create such deep transformations? If we open to living life consciously in the present, an easy place to begin is to review what we still hold to, consciously and unconsciously, that does not serve who we truly are now.

It may be by updating the images that we hold of ourselves. Or it may be through the prism of new eyes that we see ourselves more clearly, as we examine the world that is reflected back to us. No matter where we choose to begin, the process of releasing what is no longer accurate in our lives, as a true representation of who we are, comes into play. Without it, we simply recreate the past, over and over again, at times wondering how we got there again.

When an experience occurs, it is flavored by the mind’s understanding of the experience, as well as data from the past. Often the data from the past actually lays the foundation for how the mind sees something now, how it understands what is transpiring.

If, for instance, I see the presence of abundance as something unattainable, then I create the beliefs that I am not abundant already. I may even reinforce these beliefs, simply by focusing on all the areas in my life where I am not abundant, where I have not yet allowed that universal presence to show itself in my life. All the while, I am missing the places in my life where I am abundant already. A simple change in perspective and I experience gratitude for the abundance that I have allowed into my life.

Has my life changed? Has my world view been altered? Or does my mind simply interject, telling myself I am not truly abundant, I am just fooling myself?

The determination of whether this is a moment of transformation or merely a fleeting thought is whether or not I am willing to let go of the past and update my future with ease.

To do so, begin by focusing on something you would like to create in life...Continue Reading on Vanati.com

Excerpt from "Releasing the Past: Relinquishing What No Longer Serves You" by Deb Schnitta

Click Here to View the Healing Energy Articles Archive on Vanati.com

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this article - thank you. It has made me realize I am still holding on to dramas from my past.

Post a Comment